Recipe #4: Fake Fried Cheese Sticks

I found this one via Spark People yesterday and tried it tonight. Chef Meg's Fake 'Fried' Cheese Sticks.

Verdict: Tasty, though not as yummy as the restaurants' fried cheese sticks. (Frying will do that.) I like the healthy alternative to frying, but I think I'll stick with regular bread crumbs after the Japanese bread crumbs (panko) are gone. When I make this again, I'm going to try grinding down the panko into smaller pieces, and I'll try the egg substitute, too. (I used an egg white because it's what I had.) Also, a lot of the cheese seeped out during baking, spreading out over the baking sheet and leaving hollow shell of bread crumbs. The one I double breaded kept the cheese sealed inside, but the other three leaked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

I Can Haz Bukkit?

Stanley Unwin would call it "Improvvers the Domicilibode."