It's Been a While

Howdy, howdy, howdy! Here's a very short recap of what I've been up to since I last blogged here.

In September: I worked, went to church play rehearsals, kept the hobbit hole clean, spent as much time with Max as I could, and hung out with my family.

In October: I worked, went to church play rehearsals, attended both church play performances, started Mysterium play rehearsals, started slacking off on the hobbit hole maintenance, spent as much time with Max as I could (he was in the Mysterium play, too, so that was easy), and welcomed a new niece into the family.

In November: I worked, went to Mysterium play rehearsals, barely kept up with the dishes in the hobbit hole, spent so much time with Max at rehearsals and performances that we only went on three or four proper dates the whole month, started Mysterium play performances, and spent Thanksgiving weekend with the family.

In December: I worked, continued Mysterium play performances, shopped for Christmas, detoxed the hobbit hole after seven weeks of inattention, spent Christmas morning with the family before leaving them much too early in the day to race home and enjoy Max's company for a few hours, got a couple Christmas presents and lots of birthday presents, and had December 24th to January 2nd off from work.

I've made new friends, learned a lot, goofed up, freaked out, been rescued, stayed out late, got up early, fallen apart, and put myself back together again. It's been exhausting, exhilarating, maddening, and absolutely wonderful. Now I'm fumbling for my old routine, but that was so long ago that I barely remember what it was like, so I might as well make up a new one. Might be better if I do, actually. I have commitments for the coming year, but some are so vague that I have no idea IF they'll even come to pass, never mind WHEN.

This weekend will consist of:
1. Putting together a proper compost bin:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxhEQEA0GN8

I drilled the holes in the upper bin and shredded some cardboard this morning. I still need a few supplies, but Mom's picking them up on the way home from my brother's house. And one of my coworkers saved his coffee grounds for me today!

2. Food! I bought a gorgeous new RED crock pot with some of my Christmas money. We're off to Costco and the supermarket for some supplies in the morning. Saturday night, I shall cook a chicken in the crock pot and then use it and the broth to make soup for Mom and me. Leftover chicken will make tacos and quesadillas so delicious, it's almost indecent.

3. Maybe a movie with Max. With Mom bringing germs home, I'm not sure if he'll want to keep me at arms' distance, and I don't blame him if he does. If he'd rather not risk it, we can still talk for hours on the phone.

4. Cleaning out the patio. There's a cardboard box and some weeds that need to be evicted so I can move the compost bin outside.

5. Church. I have a committee meeting during the second hour. I'm determined to get to choir practice this Sunday, even though it's at 8:45. (Mormon Guilt isn't quite as potent as Jewish Guilt, but it does the trick.)

Through it all, I shall finish Ziplha Keatley Snyder's The Egypt Game and start on Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. The Mysterium Theater is putting on a production of Alice in Wonderland next week, so I'm acquainting myself with the source material before I go to the play.

And I need to detox. With rushing from work to rehearsals/performances and the holidays, I've had a lot of rich food and fast food over the last few months. It's all been building up, and I feel absolutely icky today. Headache, digestive discomfort, and other stuff. So I shall cleanse a bit this weekend by minimizing the meats, fats, and processed foods and enjoying juices, soups, smoothies, and whole grains instead. And I'll start walking again.

I plan to post some crappy cell phone photos this weekend, too. I don't have a camera, but Mom has a cell phone with a camera, so if I remember, I shall steal it and show off the new crock pot and haircut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

I Can Haz Bukkit?

Stanley Unwin would call it "Improvvers the Domicilibode."