Let's Shimmy!

My belly dance teacher, Alexiis, told us about the classes she's going to be doing in Seal Beach this spring, so here's a little belly dance pimpage!

If anyone who lives in the South Bay/Long Beach/coastal Orange County area wants to learn how to shimmy, Alexiis is starting a new eight-week class in Seal Beach. She also teaches in San Pedro once a week, which might be more convenient if you're coming down from L.A. or Torrance.

From her promotional flyer:

Classes are ongoing [this is the San Pedro class] and suitable for all healthy bodies. This dance style has no age, race, or size limitations. One must simply show up and be prepared to join in on learning steps from the ancient language of woman's communal dance. The Level One class reinforces grace, strength, and community through the combination of fusion and American Tribal Style influenced belly dance.

Contact me for information about the eight-week class in Seal Beach, or go to the city's parks and recreation website for when, where, and how. Class information for San Pedro can be found at http://www.alexiis.com/

This workout is one of the highlights of my week, folks. (Except for when I see Mom or Max.) I do everything else -- all the walking and going to Curves and regulating what I eat -- so I have the strength and endurance to keep up every Wednesday night. I love dancing that much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

Stanley Unwin would call it "Improvvers the Domicilibode."

I Can Haz Bukkit?