yay, books

Recap since my last post: I finished that book challenge in 2015. I wrote a book-length fanfiction in 2016. (Haven't done anything with the first draft in 18 months.) I did another PopSugar book challenge in 2017. This year, my goal is simply to read 52 books. I'm up to 45 books read in 23 weeks, so I'm on track to double my goal for 2018.

If anyone wants to find me at Goodreads, this is me. I keep track of what I've read and when I've read it, though books I read more than four years ago have estimated start and finish dates. I have a Favorites shelf and a Hufflepuff* shelf.

*After seeing one too many "Books Every Hufflepuff/Gryffindor/Slytherin/Ravenclaw Should Read" posts at Book Riot and elsewhere, I decided to compile my own list. Deleted the duplicates and ignored a few recommendations. (Yes, there is a spreadsheet.) It started with 42 books and has grown to 54 as I type this, but several are from a comic book series, so the 54 is accurate in one way ... but exaggerated in another.

I see a lot of people making YouTube videos about books they've read, and I watch the Vaginal Fantasy hangouts with Felicia, Veronica, Bonnie, and Kiala, so the idea of putting oneself out there to talk books is growing on me. But this seems to be more a thing for attractive millennials, rather than a fat, middle-aged woman with no education to speak of and a thin skin when it comes to criticism. (I'd make a book review vid, upload it, and get dogpiled by people who tell me to off myself because I'm fat and old and not pretty.) So making this blog about books -- which was the original point several years ago -- makes sense. I don't know if I'll stick with it or not, but it's worth a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

Christmas 2023: dreading dreading dreading

Stanley Unwin would call it "Improvvers the Domicilibode."