I DNFed two books in a row this morning while I had laundry going. I don't like giving up on one book, but two consecutive books left me a bit down in the dumps. (Both of them were the second books in their respective series; I liked both first books, but neither was a favorite.) Now that Mom has finished the last in the Enchanted Forest series, I'll start it tomorrow, but that leaves me wondering what to read tonight ... I don't want to start a new book at bedtime, because what if I love it and don't want to stop reading?

First world problems, I know. I'll find something, probably something I've read before that is on my Hufflepuff Reading List. If I've read it before, I'll already know what's going to happen and won't need to stay up until I drop the book on my face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

Stanley Unwin would call it "Improvvers the Domicilibode."

Christmas 2023: dreading dreading dreading