Ramen Review #1

I've been chowing down on Nissin and Maruchan brands of ramen since I was a kid, but it's really bad for you, so I'm trying to find ramen that has a modicum of nutrition. So I'm trying different brands, different toppings, adding some stuff, and letting you know how it turns out.

(Really, it's so I remember not to buy the stuff I don't like when I shop again.)

I'm a wuss when it comes to heat (picante), so I'm not trying flavors I obviously won't like. This is 50-year-old white lady ramen.

First up! Mike's Mighty Good Craft Ramen, Vegetarian Vegetable Ramen Soup!

This is a cup of noodles, and the ball of noodles inside is very small. Like, fold a pair of socks that fit a four-year-old kid into a ball, and that's the size of this ball of noodles. It comes with a spice packet and an oil packet that I add after the noodles cook for six minutes. It has a lot of taste. People who like peppers will probably enjoy the flavor, but it didn't suit me. Not much heat. 

The cup is microwaveable, which is nice if you don't have access to a kettle or a stove.

2/10. Tiny noodle ball.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

Stanley Unwin would call it "Improvvers the Domicilibode."

An Attitude of Solitude