Good things Friday

Sometimes, the only thing keeping the darkness from winning is remembering what I am grateful for:

Helping to reunite a lost dog with her owner on Thursday.

My favorite song coming up on my iPod.  (It's the Barr Brothers' "Beggar in the Morning."  Make it shine so pretty, make it shine so bright.)

Mom's coming home in the morning.

Shopping for new clothes.

Practicing a piece for the chorus and getting it right on the first try.

Bubba the Hutt, who wiggles with happiness when I brush him.  This makes it more difficult for me to brush him, but it's still fun.

Confiding in someone and knowing he gets it.

Shoe lust, even if I don't buy them.

Coming home on a Friday night, putting on an audio book, washing yesterday's and this morning's dishes, and feeling the stress from another work week drop from my shoulders like a cloak.  I'll happily don it again on Monday, but I'll feel better for the break.

Happy weekend, y'all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

Christmas 2023: dreading dreading dreading

recipe: potato supreme (funeral potatoes, cheese potatoes)