I Can Haz Seedlings!

Out of the twelve toilet paper tubes I planted spinach and parsley seeds in, I had to throw two parsley out because the bottoms of the tubes had fungus on them. So I've taken them out of their holders and left them free-standing on the windowsill. I saw the first green from a parsley tube four days ago, and another sprouted the next day. This morning, FOUR of my spinach seedlings have showed green! I'm excited! I don't have access to a camera, but I will this weekend, so I'll post a photo of the tubes if I remember.

Edit: Make that three parsley sprouts. I found a hint of green that I didn't see two hours ago.

Not sure what Saturday holds, but Sunday is church and the laundromat (I don't like to do any kind of work on Sunday -- or any day, to be perfectly honest -- but it's gotta be done), and then Monday is house work liek woah. Mom and I are setting ourselves two five-hour shifts, breaks, and an hour's lunch break, and we're gonna work our butts off on Labor Day. (How apropos.) I'm planning on including the garden in my efforts so it's ready for me to plant the seedlings in another week or two.

Regarding the compost: Mah Bukkit is too small, as it turns out. I didn't research composting well enough, so I may have to start from scratch. If I do have to toss my first effort out, at least I haven't lost much, but I'll see if I can correct it first.

I'm working on an embroidery project for a friend. I bribed her to do well on an important exam several months ago, and since she pulled through, I'm pulling through. I'm about 25% of the way done, and even though it doesn't look like much right now, it's gonna look fabulous by the time I'm finished. I'll post a photo when it's finished. (This is the eighth project of its kind I've done, and I keep photos of all of them, mostly to keep track of who I've already given them to so I don't give the same thing twice. That would be embarrassing.) It's a small project, which is good given my lack of an attention span; I'm much more likely to finish a project if I know it doesn't need to take months. It might end up taking months anyway, but at least it doesn't need to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

I Can Haz Bukkit?

Stanley Unwin would call it "Improvvers the Domicilibode."