Recipe #2: Turkey and Broccoli Filled Lasagna Rolls

Good heavens ... cooked lasagna noodles are slippery little buggers! But after a few slips (they were trying to escape, I kid you not), I managed to pin them onto the cutting board:

food

I am not posting the recipe here because I found it in a cookbook that has copyright and trademark symbols all over it, but I can tell you how to find it: Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook. 1996 edition, published by Better Homes and Gardens Books; Des Moines, IA. Page 355.

Verdict: YUM. It needs the parmesan to complete it, though. I tried half a roll with mozzarella, which did nothing to bring out the flavors. But parmesan really made this dish. Broccoli haters, don't be intimidated; the spaghetti sauce keeps the broccoli from overwhelming everything else.

Why yes, I do hate vegetables; why do you ask?

I also had bruschetta instead of plain garlic bread. It's the recipe developed for Julie and Julia, and I found it here: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/dianna_marder/20090806_Up_close___delectable.html?viewAll=y

Nom nom nom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe #1: Nora Ephron's Chocolate Cream Pie

I Can Haz Bukkit?

Stanley Unwin would call it "Improvvers the Domicilibode."